Sunday, February 10, 2013

DIY Surprise Ball

I made this surprise ball for my son for his birthday next month. I found some crêpe papers at Matton in Gothenburg and bought six different colours (it costs 8 kr each). I also bought 9 small presents that would fit into the ball, they had to be different sizes, shapes but pretty small.

3 ribbons of each of the 6 colours - about 3cm large


9 objects that fit into the ball, different sizes & shapes

Start with the biggest object, the ribbon has to be tight. When you are finished with the first ribbon, put some glue or tape at the edge, to fix it. Then take 1 or 2 more ribbons of the same colour and keep on rolling it over the ball.I used more ribbons for the objects which were more difficult to cover up.

Use a second colour and cover a second object.

The ball is finished and contains all 9 objects.
At the end, I added some stickers and satin and organza ribbons. 


No comments:

Post a Comment