Saturday, January 26, 2013

Kay Bojesen's Monkey...real or replica?


There was a very interesting article from Frida Ramstedt in the GP today where I read about the differences about real and replicas of the famous monkey created by Danish Kay Bojesen. I love those wooden figurines and  I hope one of those lovely monkeys will soon be mine. Therefore, I really appreciated reading about how to recognize a real one. Among a few, I learnt that the teak and limba monkey shouldn’t be stiff, it should be stamp marked and the high-quality wood should be soft on the skin.
I was quiet tempted by one of them which is currently on sale on Tradera but I really don't feel like taking any chance on buying a fake product. So I guess, as we say in French, I will have to "break the piggy bank"! And if you want to learn more about the subject, check at Trendenser's Ipad magazine or on today’s eGP.

1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    love your blog that I just discovered today, while looking for informations about a replica from a Kay Bojesen Monkey... I looked and looked but couldn't find the article from Frida Ramstedt. I even went on the GP site, looking in the archives, but to no avail... I must admit my swedish is a bit limited. You wouldn't happen to have the URL or the reference address close by?
    Thanks a lot,
    Vali

    ReplyDelete